A rugged cable harness assembly at NAI may include any combination of copper, fiber optic, and power cables.
Many NAI custom cable harnesses are large and complex in design and structure, and may utilize a combination of data (fiber optic and/or copper) and power cables. A cable harness assembly often incorporates a number of cable assemblies that fan out from the main harness, and may utilize different connectors to attach to equipment. Refer to the sample harnesses shown at right.
NAI can also include terminal blocks in the harness construction.
Operators use effective gaging tools and visual aids during the manufacture of the custom cable harness. Special tools are employed in production operations to manufacture harnesses. “Working boards” are constructed to provide a visual aid for assembling the harness. “Testing boards” are used to test every cable in every harness for compliance to electrical performance requirements. As a quality cable harness manufacturer, NAI utilizes automated manufacturing equipment. They employ test fixtures to ensure signal integrity.
NAI’s unique Global Sourcing Program, managed by experienced procurement professionals, provide a world of cables and components to meet our customers’ exact cable harness assembly requirements. As a result, NAI customers experience significant cost savings, while also expediting delivery. Bring your requirements to NAI and we’ll demonstrate what our global network can do for you.
Cable harnesses can be customized in any way, with your choice of:
- Our huge selection of cable types – fiber optic, copper or power
- Conductor type options – solid or stranded, size and colors
- A wide range of insulation and rugged jacketing materials
- Connectivity options, including connectors, pins, covers, contacts and housings
- Other components, such as ferrules, strain reliefs, terminal blocks, potting, shrink tubing, boots, bushings and more
- Other capabilities, such as braiding, ultrasonic welding of bare copper and inline cable marking